Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

What I'll miss, won't miss, and look forward to...

In no particular order...

What I'll miss:

1. pebre and sea food
2. CHEAP wine
3. My rediculous Chilean family and friends
4. My polola
5. Living on the ocean
6. Surfing without crowds
7. Lots of days off
8. Spanish music with too much bass
9. Laughing at almost everything
10. Rides by the beach and plaza to see who's out and about


What I won't miss:

1. Stray dogs and their crap
2. Copious amounts of bread
3. Endless Chilean jokes that are even more funny to them when the gringo doesn't understand.
4. Instant coffee and powdered milk
5. Not having privacy
5. Expensive beer that all taste the same
6. Smoke filled pubs and parties
7. dirt and dust
8. Not ever really knowing what's going on
9. The Simpsons in Spanish (It's just not the same)
10. Endless activities, no concept of time, inefficiency!

What I am looking forward to:
1. beer/nightlife variety
2. My family and friends
3. Christmas and New Years in NYC and maybe some snow
4. Understanding the daily news
5. Breakfast, lunch and dinner...
6. Pizza, bagels and Italian Food
7. My bed and room without a window to the hallway
8. Sandwiches and cold cuts
9. Green...grass, trees, etc.
10. Doing stuff without the city knowing

8 comments:

  1. So does this mean that Christmas dinner is going to be pizza and beer? It's ok with us we will finally have you home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you homeward bound and how long are you staying until your next adventure? And can I have NY pizza and beer for Christmas too??!! Sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I signed up with Chris' blog when he was in Hong Kong, hence the "Aunt Kathee". To you, just Kathee :) Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not wait to see how advanced your Spanish is. I can not wait to have a drink with you at Strawberry's. I can not wait to have a great laugh with you. I can not wait to tell you so many stories. Haha sickkk i am excited man. See you soon dude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have had a great experience but the things you miss the most are what we all take for granted. Never again. See you in New York!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you tell me what program you went through (Bridge-TEFL, worldteach.com, etc.) or how you got into English Opens Doors? I am interested in the program, and I REALLY want to be somewhere in Chile where I can surf. Any advice would be great.

    Sincerely,

    Nick C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. if you don't mind please email me about the above @ tua23494@temple.edu

    Nick C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I came across your blog while researching English Open Doors. I would love to hear more about this program from someone who has been through it. Please email me detailing your experience in Chile with this program: rke819@gmail.com

    I anticipate your response!

    Thanks so much!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete